Years ago when I started this blog, a colleague asked me why I was writing it. She didn’t understand and for some reason, I felt embarrassed explaining. She kept asking, “But why?” and I kept giving reasons that were like bland, mushy oatmeal: “I like writing”, “It’s just a thing I want to try.” It never occurred to me to say, “Why not write a blog?”
I now have answers to both questions.
Why do I write this blog?
- I am in awe of my job as a principal, and I want a record of it.
- I write myself out of my worst disappointments.
- I am happiest when I am creating something.
- It brings my students to life.
- I want more truth to be available about myself than untruth.